Monday, April 13, 2009

A Week of Patience

I did it. After one week, I caved into to curiosity and asked when our dossier would be submitted. The answer was not very satisfying ... they don't know when it will be submitted. Now only a few days after I inquired about our submission date, I am feeling antsy to know more and move forward.

There is no greater feeling than walking into the orphanage for the first time, and meeting your child. Having been lucky enough to vicariously experience this from others who have recently met their child, I am eager to meet our little guy.

I know it will happen in God's perfect timing, and there is peace in that. There is also peace in developing more patience. I try to remember and be thankful for this opportunity to once again stretch my capabilities as we wait to add another smiling face to our Easter photo.