Monday, October 11, 2010

China, Day ?, 10/11: One Word: Wonderful

I can't believe the Big Day is almost over.  We are in a state of shock, here is why:
  • She saw me, walked over and gave a hug and said Mama
  • She pointed to Baba
  • She and Adam are playing hide-n-seek under the covers
  • She has a wonderful giggle
  • She sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with me
  • She jumped in the bath with Adam
  • She brushed her teeth when she saw me doing it
  • She saw where the boys' shoes were and put her's there
  • She nodded when she wanted more Watermelon, and shook her head no to some other fruit.
  • Best of all .... she fell asleep in my arms on the drive back to the hotel.
We feel so blessed that it has gone so smoothly.  She seems happy, silly, active, and well prepared.  We hope the good times continue, but anticipate tears.  It feels great to get this journey started, and we feel so lucky to be off to a good start.

The only problem is ... what on earth to do with her hair?  She came with braids.  I have never done a braid in my life!  For now, Meric is on hair duty.