Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Smiles & Lots of Trials

I wish I had great news to post. I do not. Adopting an older child, or at least, this child, is hard. My prayer is for peace in my heart and a little more love in our lives.

The past 10 days have been very challenging. There have been a few smiles, a little progress, and lots of screaming. Ali's scream is verbal, mine I just keep inside for now.

The tantrums, when things don't go her way continue, and if anything, have increased. We are 2 weeks home, and I don't know what I expected, but I know it involved more sleep and serenity.

Here is our week in a few snapshots.



So happy to wear her dance outfit.


Oh, I how love those boys, and am working on loving the girl.


The 2 faces of Ali ....



Wonderful Adam all dressed up in an effort to cheer Ali up.  Unfortunately, there is no cheering her up. We pray, that maybe I can cheer up soon.






Ni Hao Y'all