Thursday, February 24, 2011

Piecing the Puzzle Together

I should have seen this sooner.

Transitions with her brothers are VERY hard for Triple A.

As soon as the boys get off the bus, she goes into hyper-vigilant controlling mode.

Which always results in the quote:  'I need snack.'

Big A is not much different.  Transitions continue to be challenging for him.  He likes routine, predictability, and reassurance of what is to come.

I have known for years that transitions and change are tough.

It amazes me how many times, I put the pieces of our puzzling children together.  I seem to do the same puzzles over and over again.

I like to think that with each child, I am presented the opportunity to grow.

GUESS WHAT?

Number 3 is presenting LOTS AND LOTS of opportunities for me to become a better person and hopefully a better parent - but that story is for another time.

For now, I want to remind myself how much Alexa needs me when the boys come home.

Today, Alexa and I rocked for about 30 minutes and this cuddle time seemed to help distract her from her trance of fear based control.

I hope I remember this one!  In an effort to remind my poor OLD brain, I hope to post many reminders of what seems to help our attachment challenged child.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

24)   MVO coming home early
25)   The growing ability to stay quiet in the car
26)   Easy Cheese - Yeah, I eat the junk
27)   The end of swim team practice
28)   Great adoption/attachment books