Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Roman Fasces (No it is not Spellled Wrong)

One of the many things I love about HomeSchooling is that I learn along with the boys. Today, we learned about the Roman weapon, Fasces.   You have to be real careful how you pronounce this one!  Fortunately, we did not go down that path.

By far, the best way to get the boys to remember an Empire is it to talk about the weapons used at that time.  I had never heard of it until today, but I can now build a mighty Fasces. 


Making our Roman Weapons



I dare you to challenge them to a Battle.


After they get all hyped up for Battle, we go hike.  Even in the brown, cold, muddy woods, we still love being outside.


 This picture SO captures Little A's spirit.  It is contagious.




A deer hair discovery.  Fortunately, I was able to convince him to leave it behind.