Saturday, August 17, 2013

End of Summer 2013: August 17th

Our Greatness


I am done capturing Summer. Trying to keep cute Summer pictures updated became a burden not a joy.  Time to move on.

 I am ready to start school and get back into a routine.  Or, I would like a real Summer - not the wet, cool one we had.  Given that the days are gone, I might as well embrace the rush of Fall.

I hope our Fall can include many days of embracing Love not Fear.  Days of living in the LIGHT not dark.

I believe most people think they are 'loving.'  However, when comforted, we most often act from a place of fear without realizing how ingrained our fear responses have become.

Fear of rejection.
Fear of not being lovable.
Fear of not fitting in.
Fear of what will happen.
Fear for our children.
Fear of measuring up.

We don't wear these fears on the surface, no, we hide them behind acts of service, behind excuses, behind our smiles, and our busy lives.    I hope, this Fall, to walk away from my own fears, and to learn to live in LOVE.

If ever there were a purpose, of raising a troubled child - it is this - to learn to live in true love and true peace.


Marianne Williamson quote



“Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” 

 Marianne Williamson