Friday, January 30, 2015

Freaky Friday: I Wish

There are times, like today, when I wish I could go back and be a little girl again.  I want to trade places with my children.  I want to take in all the LOVE I lavish on my children.  I want someone to envelop me in similar loveliness. 

I want to be the kid not the grown-up.

Being an emotionally mature grown-up is HARD work.

What I really want is to be noticed, to be recognized.

I have been working hard to change emotionally destructive patterns.  I am attempting to replace codependence with healthy interdependence.

I am trying to teach my children, and myself, self-love.

The dragon of temptation continues to entice me to repeat the known and familiar.  However, I want more for me and my family.  

Despite the difficulty of cultivating the new, I will march on.  I cannot go back to the old unhealthy ways of relating. Or course, I do revisit the dysfunction.  In those moments, I remind myself of how uncomfortable the old is to the new me.

I will march on.  I will lavish love on me.

I will re-parent myself and sing my own praises.

Praise for trying, falling down, and getting back up to try again.

I am so proud of myself for the work I have done.

Way to go me. Yeah me.

This is my fanfare, my love - to me.