Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Attachment Tuesday: It is Hard

I am the Mom of a girl with Attachment Disorder.

This means it is awkward when friends ask "How is Lexa doing?"

This means I am the object of abuse, attacks, rejection, resistance and hate.

This means I suffer a broken heart every day.

This means I must find a way to live in peace amidst her emotional chaos.

This means I do not have a happy ending to share and make others feel comfortable.

Attachment Disorder is uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable is my reality.

Living with a child with mental illness is uncomfortable.

I try, so hard, to find the blessings of this challenge.

It is harder than you can imagine.

I hope you will have the courage to see and accept this truth about our family.

That is life with Reactive Attachment Disorder.